Monday, February 11, 2013

Sioux City Prickly Pear Soda

Sioux City seems to make some pretty interesting soda, as they're also the company behind my earlier reviewed Cherries 'n' Mint pop.

This variety is Prickly Pear, which is apparently some kinda cactus juice, and not pear. I guess that should've been obvious by the cactus on the label--but hey, the Cherries 'n' Mint had an eagle, so I figured it might've been just some old west iconography.

Either way, the soda itself was a nice red-pink shade that smelled like watermelon--and wouldn't you know it, but that durn pop even tasted like watermelon! Specifically, the Jolly Rancher Watermelon soda, so really, not much like watermelon at all...like candy watermelon. It also tastes a bit like raspberry, or pomegranate, but very sweet versions of those flavors.

It was quite tasty, but I can't say I'd buy it again considering I'm not that crazy about watermelon candy. If you are though, and you like wild west iconography, I can't think of a more perfect soda for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment